Birrittella’s Traditional Dough: Calzone
- 1 package Traditional Birrittellas Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Freshly Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese (Seasoned w/ Salt & Pepper)
- 4-5 slices Thinly Sliced Pepperoni
- 4-5 slices Thinly Sliced Salami
- 4 leaves Freshly Torn Basil
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Parsely Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease your baking sheet with olive oil.
- Stretch your dough into an oblong circle. This doesn’t have to be perfect since you will be making it into a half moon shape.
- Lay onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Lay down your salami and pepperoni topped with your seasoned ricotta, mozzarella, sauce, and fresh basil off center of your dough leaving atleast 1 & 1/2” away from the edge.
- Fold your dough over and pinch to seal shut. Using a fork, press around the edges to ensure it’s closed tight.
- Using a knife, cut slits along the top to vent.
- Mix together your olive oil, parsley flakes and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush on top of your calzone.
- Grate fresh parmesan on top.
- Bake for 35 mins in your oven. Remove and let cool for about 5 mins before cutting into pieces. Serve with additional sauce if desired.