Birrittella’s Traditional Dough: Focaccia Bread
- 1 package Traditional Birrittellas Pizza Dough
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, Divided
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1/4 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan, Divided
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to Season
- Fresh Parsley to Garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In an 8x8 baking pan, drizzle with half your olive oil.
- Place your dough right into your pan and drizzle with the rest of your olive oil.
- Stretch out your dough to fit the pan.
- Then, using your fingers, dimple around the dough, pressing gently to create texture and bubbles.
- Add your sliced shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, and half of your grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake on a lower rack in your oven for 25-30 mins (or until your bread is golden brown on top).
- Remove and top with more parmesan and fresh parsley. Cut into squares and enjoy!